This tour places you inside Yoho National Park, in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. It’s a guided 5 hour round trip starting on the emerald green waters of the Beaver River. Navigated by Stand Up Paddleboard for a few kilometers until its terminus just upstream of Wapta Falls, from here, the participants complete a portage from the upper falls to the lower falls.
Along the way participants will enjoy breathtaking views of Wapta Falls, from vantage points rarely seen by the average person. From the lower Falls we paddle the Kicking Horse River where we tackle small rapids.
This tour is unique in that it travels along waterways and trade routes rich in history while using a modern mode of transportation. Retracing the exploratory routes used over a century ago by First Nations, James Hector & the Palliser Expeditions, participants get to navigate the waterways with their own craft, while interpretive guides provide historic cultural, geographical, and geological context to the area.
The Kicking Horse River was the first river designated as a BC Heritage River in BC making this tour not only rich in adventure, but also historically significant.
- In 2016, our Wapta Falls Wild & Scenic Stand Up Paddleboard Tour was designated a Canadian Signature Experience
- At this time we do not offer pickups. All trips depart & return from our Office in Golden, British Columbia. Transportation is provided to & from the river.
- A safety briefing will be given prior to getting on the water
- Lunch is included
- This trip returns to the Alpine Rafting Office
What to Bring
- Bring a bathing, a towel and a fleece or a wool sweater if you have one. We will provide all your equipment for the river, as well as a Stand Up Paddleboard
Have any extra questions? Ask us!
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.