The foamy whitewater surges beneath you. You feel your stomach drop. Your wet hands grip the paddle and you squint through the cool spray.
You’re barreling down one of Canada’s wildest rivers and not even the glacial water can wash the smile off your face.
Our full day trip on the Kicking Horse River is the type of thrill that will leave you buzzing for days afterward. The journey takes you through the Upper & Middle Canyons (otherwise known as one of Mother Nature’s best roller coasters) and includes a hearty BBQ lunch by the riverside (taming the Kicking Horse will make you work up an appetite!)
In between the moments of splashing through the Class 2,3 and 4 rapids there will be stretches of calm water – giving you a chance to gawp in awe at the craggy peaks of the Canadian Rockies all around you.
This 6 hour rafting tour runs 7 days per week and is our most popular adventure – a true Canadian experience.
Full Day EXTREME Rafting: Want to crash through our biggest rapids, and challenge your adventurous side? Make your trip Extreme!
- Smaller, more intimate group size with 6:1 client guide ratio
- Best suited to those with previous rafting experience, or those who have a more intimate river experience,d suitable for the adventurous
- Practice your rafting skills – flips, eddie hops and more!
- Maximum 18 guests per day
- Available in July and August on week days
Training would consist of greater whitewater instruction, eddy hopping and a possible flip drill depending on group skills. Extreme rafters are the first to depart for the fun that lies ahead on the Middle Canyon. We will take on some pretty awesome river features and ‘smash’ Hopis and have fun playing our way down the river.
The smaller rafts used by your guide during the Extreme Rafting Trip have increased manoeuvrability. As an experienced Whitewater Team we will scout Portage & Shotgun, then give the high sign to the pack of non- Extreme rafters that the rapid has been scouted and is good to go. After Portage & Shotgun, the sport rafters would experience all kinds of adrenaline moves such as eddy hops, wave surfing (like Maneater) and have a blast.
- Available 7 days per week from Mid-May to Early-September.
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- We travel down 26 km of pristine Canadian river (Including a 4 km bonus section through Yoho National Park that only we offer because we know you want more adventure!)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included. Feast on steak, chicken, grilled Alaskan salmon or veggie burgers – yum! (Not available on our our Full River Express Trip)
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting Office with plenty of great stories to tell.
- Must be a minimum of 90lbs (43kg)
** Please note that our prices are subject to change, depending on availability
BBQ Lunches in May and September may be substitued for a riverside bagged lunch. This will include a sandwich, fruit, salad, water, and snack.
- We’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it!
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
- It’s the perfect way to experience the thrill of a classic rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies, for a very affordable price.
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of River in Yoho National Park, for even more adrenaline-pumping whitewater fun.
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
Free Rafting & Camping Guide
Interested? Contact Us
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.