We understand that not everyone wants their outdoor experience to involve barreling down the river at full tilt, being tossed around gleefully by the whitewater.
(After all, you might be visiting Golden with older family members, young children or those who prefer not to feel like they are in the spin cycle of a washing machine. Rapids aren’t everyone’s cup of tea!)
If a peaceful, leisurely float down the river sounds like it’s more your speed, you’ll love our Gentle Family Rafting adventure. No one gets soaked on this trip, but there will be a few fun splashes and a lot of laughs.
Gliding down the river at a laid back pace will allow you to relax and soak up the scenery around you. As you paddle down the Upper sections of the Kicking Horse (British Columbia’s first designated Canadian Heritage River), you’ll be able to sit back, listen to the birds and and gaze up at the spectacular pine-clad peaks of the Canadian Rocky Mountains towering ten thousand feet above you.
We’ll stop for a barbeque lunch by the riverside, featuring Steak, Chicken, Grilled Alaskan Salmon or veggie burgers (food always tastes even better in the fresh mountain air).
Keep your eyes peeled as you drift through the dense green forests – you might spot a bear snuffling in a berry bush, a female deer and her fawn drinking at the water’s edge or a majestic elk with his impressive set of antlers watching the boat glide by. This is one of the best ways to go off the beaten path and see remote areas that not every tourist gets to see.
- Don’t worry if you’ve never been rafting before, you’ll be given a full safety briefing before you get on the water. This is a safe, mellow trip that is perfect for beginners and families with young children ages 4 and up.
- The trip involves 13 km of rafting in total and will return to the Alpine Rafting Office approximately 3 hours after departure time.
- In May and September, BBQ lunch may be substituted for a bagged lunch by the riverside. This will include fruit, a sandwich, salad, water and a snack.
BBQ Lunches in May and September may be substitued for a riverside bagged lunch. This will include a sandwich, fruit, salad, water, and snack.
- A bathing suit and towel, that’s it!
- We’ll provide the rest, just don’t forget your sense of adventure!
- On this trip, we also offer the option to raft an extra 4km through the heart of Yoho National Park, offering you sweeping views of these wild and beautiful landscapes.
- It’s a great adventure for kids ages 4+
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
Unexpected Joys of Taking Your Kids on a River Trip
5 Best Places to Watch the Sunset in the Canadian Rockies
Have any extra questions? Ask us!
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.