You’re on a short visit to Golden and you have a tight schedule, so that means you won’t have time to do an epic activity like whitewater rafting, right?
This compact half day trip makes it possible to enjoy an exciting whitewater adventure, even if your time in Golden is short and sweet.
The entire journey only takes 3 hours, which means that you can ride the rapids in the afternoon and still get back in time for dinner (with plenty of great stories to tell!)
Feel the glacial spray on your face as you splash, bob and weave through the foamy rapids, the dense pine forests and dramatic canyon walls all around you. This trip may be short, but it’s packed with excitement and includes Class 2, 3 and 4 Rapids in the Middle Canyon section of the Kicking Horse River.
- Available 7 days a week!
- A safety briefing will be given prior to getting on the water
- 12 Kilometres of Rafting
- Class 2, 3 and 4 rapids
- Your half day adventure departs from the Alpine Rafting Office
- Your adventure will return to the Alpine Rafting Office
- You’ll receive a full safety briefing, so even if you’ve never been whitewater rafting before you’ll know exactly what to do.
- Our three hour journey will cover 12 km of rushing rapids in the Middle Canyon of the Kicking Horse River.
Half day trips require a minimum of 12 people to run. Please note that your trip could be cancelled if the water levels are too high, or if the minimum number of rafters aren’t met. In that case, a refund will be given if it can not be rebooked. We will do our best to give you between 24 and 72 hours notice if any changes will be made to your reservation.
** Please note that our prices are subject to change, depending on availability
- Just bring your bathing suit and towel! We provide everything else, including your rafting gear, wetsuit and all safety equipment.
- Of course, don’t forget your sense of adventure!
- This trip offers you a chance to get out into the British Columbia backcountry and enjoy the thrills of whitewater rafting, even if you don’t have a lot of time.
- If you’ve never tried whitewater rafting before, this is a great way to test the waters (literally!) without committing to a full day.
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
Have any extra questions? Ask us!
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.