The foamy whitewater surges beneath you. You feel your stomach drop. Your wet hands grip the paddle and you squint through the cool spray.
You’re barreling down one of Canada’s wildest rivers and not even the glacial water can wash the smile off your face.
Our full day trip on the Kicking Horse River is the type of thrill that will leave you buzzing for days afterward. The journey takes you through the Upper & Middle Canyons (otherwise known as one of Mother Nature’s best roller coasters) and includes a hearty BBQ lunch by the riverside (taming the Kicking Horse will make you work up an appetite!)
In between the moments of splashing through the Class 2,3 and 4 rapids there will be stretches of calm water – giving you a chance to gawp in awe at the craggy peaks of the Canadian Rockies all around you.
This 6 hour rafting tour runs 7 days per week and is our most popular adventure – a true Canadian experience.
The rustic riverside camping is located 25 kilometres east of Golden, along the Kicking Horse River. The site itself is approximately 25 acres and a mix of forest and cleared areas. The camping is first come first serve, there is plenty of room for lots of groups to camp. The camping is complimentary to all Alpine Rafters – we do not have rates for non-rafters. We will email you a detailed map, along with the campground rules & regulations after you have booked. You will still need to check-in at our office for your rafting trip, but can head straight to the campground when you get to Golden!
Our campground is not recommended for families with small children, or RV’s over 24 feet. If you are looking for something with amenities, please contact the Golden Municipal Campground, or the Eco Adventure Ranch.
- Available 7 days per week from Mid-May to Early-September.
- Beginners are welcome. You’ll be given a full safety briefing before you hop in the raft and guidance along the way, so you’ll feel like a veteran paddler in no time.
- We travel down 26 km of pristine Canadian river (plus a 4 km bonus section, because you won’t want the adventure to end!)
- A hearty, cowboy-style Rocky Mountain BBQ lunch is included (not included in the Full River Express trip). Feast on steak, chicken, grilled Alaskan salmon or veggie burgers – yum!
- You’ll end up back at the Alpine Rafting Office with plenty of great stories to tell.
* Trip departure and return times may vary during high season and holidays
- For your rafting trip, we’ll provide everything from wetsuits to paddles, so all you need to bring is your bathing suit and towel – that’s it!
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
- You will need to bring everything required for camping: tent, drinking water, food, firewood (without bark if it is coming from out of province), warm sleeping bag, etc. If you would like to rent equipment, please visit https://www.facebook.com/InTentsGolden/
- It’s the perfect way to experience the thrill of a classic rafting trip in the Canadian Rockies, for a very affordable price.
- You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list!
- We’ve added on an extra 4 km section of River in Yoho National Park, for even more adrenaline-pumping whitewater fun.
- The camping is FREE to our guests – who doesn’t love something for nothing?!
If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.
Meet Our Guides
Experienced, Engaged & Confident. Our team is nothing short of outstanding.